Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Prowling Zootown Music Again

My heart had taken flight, during the days in wilderness, on the coast and by the rivers. Reconnecting to my home town took some time. I tiptoed into the Sunrise Saloon to hear Cash for Junkers, and they hooked me right up.


I love people happy in their work, and I love good music. Nailed the twofer on this night, Thursday, August 26, 2010.



It was great to return to the Saturday markets, and find Hot House Tomatoes performing under the bridge at the Clark Fork Market.


The final weekend of August belonged to the Roots Fest, although only the headliner, Robert Earl Keen, could lure me back downtown Saturday.


Broken Valley Roadshow inspired me to spend more time at Roots, as they opened the second day.


Tom Catmull and the Clerics were up second on Sunday.

Susan, 7X a grandmother, now homeless, busking on Higgins


And then came Hempfest on Saturday, September 11, 2010 

with Not Quite Punk


Secret Powers

and Voodoo Horseshoes highlighting a strong line up. 

The big event was followed by the Hempfest After Party at the Top Hat, where Miller Creek performed.




Headliners, Lubriphonic, produced an extravagant sound, deep, strong and tight. 


Hundreds of photos have gone on the Flickr archive in recent days, as I work to catch up from vacation hang over. There's new stuff coming soon. I want to cover more jazz like the Indulge Jazz Quintet, which has a Flickr set of their recent Missoula Winery appearance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment