Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Playing Favorites @the Hat


I'm working on a show titled Top Hat Women, which will open in the Top Hat on First Friday in November. Bonnie Paine of Elephant Revival will be in the show, as will the fiddle player. Elephant Revival is one of my all-time favorite bands, and I try to see them every time they visit Zootown. Their last visit was on Saturday, September 18, 2010.


Elephant Revival brought their friends, the Mile Markers,with them to play during the break. Here was another talented violin player teamed with an energetic guitar player/singer. Bright, original material added to the freshness.



Ragbirds will return to the Top Hat on Saturday, October 23. This drum combo joined my favorites list the first time I saw them. All drumming, all the time, free-wheeling, carefree, danceable drumming. Get with it at the Hat.


Whoa! I screwed this up in the original post. Po' Girl returns to the Hat next month on November 26. I apologize for getting the date wrong. This amazing outfit has built a local fan base with previous appearances here and at the Badlander. Don't miss this one. I will have an exhibit of my photography up in the Top Hat for the month of November. The members of Po' Girl will be able to see themselves in that show.  



Do I need to tell you there are sets for all these bands over on the flickr archive?

No comments:

Post a Comment