Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hempfest 2009


Mother Trucker showed up at Hempfest, the first time I'd seen her since Love Your Mother up at Lolo. Of course, I had to have the Captain's Booty, for old times sake.

Several local bands are named after natural disasters, and the best I've heard is Rising Waters. I didn't even know who they were until this event. I immediately recognized Mike Avery up front, because he does the open mike at Sean Kelly's on Mondays.





The line up for Hempfest was top quality from start to finish, including some old favorites.


Ruthie sang and danced, and it doesn't get any better than that.




Speaking of Ruthie, she has teamed up with Tonsofun to create a dynamic hip-hop duo. They played the Palace on Tuesday, September 15.

Just the tip of the iceberg. There are three sets, on flickr, for this blog posting, titled Rising Waters @Hempfest 2009, Zeppo @Hempfest 2009 and Dynamic New Hip-Hop Duo.

No comments:

Post a Comment