Sunday, August 10, 2008

Guns 'n' Roses Tribute

Chris La Tray said his Lazerwolfs were opening for the best Guns 'n' Roses tribute band in the world. I wouldn't know, because I'd never seen such a tribute band, before. I can say I heard the Doors copycats, the other night, and they didn't sound like the Doors, but I only heard a couple of songs. I don't think being friends disqualifies me from rating Lazerwolfs highly. It's simplistic to label their sound metal, although it shares the drive and bursts of rage with metal and punk. It's closer to hard rock, with some psychedelic swirls.

Drummers seldom get to play front and center. The position inspired Bubba to a hard-hitting performance.


A local celebrity showed her wild side and quickly reverted to her sunny self.
The tribute band was well-rehearsed and tight. The lead was much bigger than Axl, and having the look didn't cover the difference. I missed Welcome to the Jungle, if they played it, and that's the only thing I could name, which I wanted to hear. The only music I ever bought of theirs was the Dirty Harry soundtrack they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment