Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Caras Parties


When the scheduled act canceled their Out to Lunch appearance, Chuck and the band were ready to step in. Zeppo had the crowd swinging on a Wednesday afternoon.






The second Downtown Tonight event produced the largest crowd of the season in Caras Park. Part of that was due to Joan Zen, who sings with her whole heart, and part the improving weather.


These events in Caras Park are a real deal. The music is terrific, and there's a diverse array of food available under the big tent. Out to Lunch is every Wednesday, 11 to 2. Since it is after midnight, I can say Full Moon Prophets are playing today's event. See their photos in previous posts, or in the flickr archive.

Downtown Tonight is every Thursday, 5:30-8:30pm.

Now, you might be asking yourself why, when I swear I'm too old to handle the late night music scene, I am posting this time of night. Well, it's a long story, and I'll just go right into it in the next post, after I work on some Legendary Shack Shakers images I captured last night. Holy shit, did those guys rock the Ritz, at the Badlander.

Zeppo will play the Top Hat this Friday, June 19th, and play again the next evening at the Pig Roast. The following Friday, June 26, they will play their monthly spot at the Union Club. You all know I love this band, which means once more I have to say get your dancing shoes on and get out to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment