Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pig Roast 2009


This fellow doesn't look like he had nearly as good a time as I did at the Old Post's annual Pig Roast. I had a great time. There was a lot to like, starting with the low $3 entry fee, a bargain for hours of some of the best music in zootown. Two whole pigs were cooked and a plate with all the trimmings was $7.50, a very decent price.

My plan was to shoot everything happening in zootown on Saturday, but I made it to the pig roast and no further.


Commander Cody was up front on the big drums, as usual, when Reverend Slanky opened the music at 4, on Saturday afternoon. They funked it up, romped and stomped for about three hours.




One of zootown's favorite street vendors, gave the event a top rating.


And the dancing began, first with the children, later with everyone.



The light was problematic in many ways, but it allowed for some interesting looks. I like the mix of silhouettes and lighted areas.


I've photographed Zeppo many times, and praised their musical chops. They were up second at the pig roast. Although I've included their images here and on flickr, I've never introduced two recent additions to the combo. Noby is on the tenor sax, and Norman is playing bass, behind Ruthie and Chuck.







No comments:

Post a Comment