Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Butter and Revival



Photo credit for these latest shots of the kitchenpoet goes to Teri Llovet.


I have more to say about two recent events. First, we left Artini, with Butter playing under the museum stairway, where it didn't take many to clog the right of way. And there were many who came to see the exhibits, hear the gallery talks by artists, and listen to Butter's music.






Butter wasn't the only thing happening to celebrate the 4th annual Artini. The first ever Montana Trienniel is the big show at MAM. 80+ pieces by 60 Montana artists.



The apple bob didn't attract any interest, and Twister only had one dedicated player.



There were some three-legged races. Here are the winning and 2nd place teams in one competition.


MAM's motto is "Art4All," and Artini is a monthly event on third Thursdays. Check Missoula events to see who is speaking and who is making the music. Then come to one of these hipnhot events.

Speaking of hipnhot events, I can't let Elephant Revival go yet. Part of it is I've recently changed my style, and I'm liking the results I'm seeing. I quit carrying my big lens, switched to a lightweight 50mm and started shooting more with available light.


For example, Bonnie Paine of Elephant Revival looks ethereal. I've been going over that night again, and I'm going to throw more of these on flickr. I just have to, in spite of my vow to reduce the numbers for each event, because the archive is bloated with over 5,000 images already.





Rapt listeners couldn't keep from dancing. This was the hippest and hottest scene of the week in zootown. I know the buzz was all at Totalfest, but this night belonged to the Top Hat.



Butter will be at the Badlander, with Victory Smokes and Low Red Lands, on Monday, August 31. Elephant Revival will soon head to the east coast, as they continue to open for Railroad Earth. You can buy their CD from CD Baby.

Now, I feel Thursday and Friday are complete, and we can move on. Coming next: Saturday. Warning: Blogs can lead to time slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment