Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Explaining the I

Most of the people I asked why Brew was spelled with an I, had not noticed the I, and that disturbed me. Being one who always doubts himself, I would have thought I imagined it, if I didn't have the pictures to prove it. Seeking an answer, I went to the Downtown Association and found one. The BRIW Festival was originally organized by Bayern, Rhino, Iron Horse and Warden's. The founders turned the event over to the Downtown Association as a fund raiser, and the banner with that spelling went with it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the explanation. I figured the sign maker had started the celebration early. Reminds of the boneheads in my high school class that built our homecoming float one year. Our team was the "Broncs", so our float read: "Go Boncs!" Then of course they noticed it, so there was a little "r" painted off to the side with an arrow pointing to the space it should occupy. Boneheads.

    ReplyDelete